Image Map

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted: Advice for New Teacher's Link Up!

Happy Sunday! Two more Sundays and I am officially back to school! I love when I say that and people look at me as if I am crazy and ask me what grade I am in.  

Today I am linking up with Flying Into First for her weekly series Let's Get Acquainted.  Today's topic is new teacher advice.  Without further adieu...


ALWAYS...

love what you do.  This goes for anything in life.  If you don't love what you do you will not be happy.  Your emotions, thoughts, and feelings transfer to your students so always arrive each day with a clean slate.

FIND...

a mentor teacher.  I didn't have a mentor my first year because I was in a VERY small Christian school and was the only Kindergarten teacher.  This is when I became in love with blogging and searching the Internet for the latest and greatest.  I took to the blogs and the web and used it as sort of my way of mentoring myself. We might have never spoke but there are some people that truly helped me establish my first year Dr. JeanDeanna JumpClutter Free ClassroomDebbie Diller and many more. 

INVEST...

in your classroom for years to come by starting a classroom library.  Even if your budget is super tight skip the cutesy borders and bulletin board sets and head straight over to Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist and search for "Lots" of books.  If you are gasping at the thought of not having a fully themed classroom this year I can promise you that the Monkeys you are dying to hang from your bulletin boards today will be the Monkeys you will want to tear off your bulletin boards come June.  Just look at Mrs. Tab's classroom.  She decorated it for cheap and it is exactly what you need!

READ...

I know you might have just graduated and reading is the last thing you want to do but try to always stay ahead of the learning curve and know the teaching methods that are out there and could eventually be thrown your way. 

ENJOY...

your first year.  Each child you will make a lasting imprint in their heart.  Be the teacher that they will always remember.  Be the teacher that makes a difference.



That my dear is my advice.  Thank you for reading my FIRST linky ever! Thanks for stopping by and be on the lookout for my new blog design that Christi Fultz is creating!  


Keep Learning,

Renessa



2 comments:

  1. Great advice, thank you! I will be doing my final internship in a few weeks and then will embark on full time teaching in January (I am in Australia). I totally agree with the building the library - mine is huge already from my own children but I also find many many great books at goodwill.Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your final internship! Do you have a position already lined up for January? Thank you for your comment :-)

    ReplyDelete